As retail sales begin, the NJ Cannabis Regulatory Commission will be monitoring dispensaries that are now serving both medical and retail purchasers. Some dispensaries are remaining medical-only, such as Breakwater in Cranbury. Contact individual dispensaries for their specific patient protocols. Many have set aside limited hours dedicated to patients-only and/or are expanding home delivery services.
For dispensaries expanding into retail sales, the NJ-CRC put standards in place to ensure patient access to medication:
- Patients should be able to reserve products
- Patients should be able to order online
- Patients should be entitled to curbside pickup or home delivery
- Patients should not be expected to wait in long lines
- Dispensaries should not run out of products for patients.
Call the NJ-CRC's customer service line at 609-292-0424 if you have any trouble accessing your medicine at a dispensary.